The Ocean Data Platform foundation was established by REV Ocean in 2019, and will be developed in cooperation with Cognite (https://www.cognite.com/) and REV Ocean (https://revocean.org/).
To lead the development of the foundation we seek candidates with motivation and capabilities to build this game-changing initiative to harness the opportunities of linking digital tools with the needs of the ocean.
More details and application process can be found here: https://lnkd.in/g4hjbTW
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the process of developing the Ocean Data Platform, including strategy, platform architecture, application ecosystem and governance structure with the long-term ambition of creating a self-financing entity. This will be done in close cooperation with REV Ocean, Cognite and an international advisory board.
- Establish partnerships with relevant organizations/institutions that can support Ocean Data Platform’s mission such as holders and users of ocean data, other ocean data platforms and technology providers.
- Responsible for securing long term external funding for the Ocean Data Platform.
Management of budgets and personnel within the Ocean Data Platform, and other day-to-day activities leveraging support from REV Ocean, Cognite, Aker ASA and other partners.
- Oversee the development of applications and data science services for marine science and ocean management leveraging contextualized data from Ocean Data Platform.
- Ensure that Ocean Data Platform meets requirements set for security and data management by reputable external parties’ procedures related to data management, security, maintenance, quality assurance and certification to international standards.
- Engage with stakeholders from academia, industry, government and civil society to ensure that the Ocean Data Platform meets the needs of the broader ocean community and results in the liberation of critical ocean data sources.
- Represent the Ocean Data Platform, Cognite, and REV Ocean at national and international meetings including science, industry and policy-focused meetings including national and international conferences.
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Proven senior management skills from similar technology-based businesses
- Hands on experience with how to build and maintain software platform technology using cloud-based services, including how to drive application development and data science in a cloud environment
- A background in geoinformatics, computer science, and/or applied mathematics is preferred; preferably including use of ocean data or other environmental data
- Extensive networks in relevant sectors
- Understanding of international relations, experience with a wide range of global cultures, and intergovernmental organizations
- Well-versed in data governance and sensitivities
- Fluency in English
- Enthusiasm and positive interest in contributing to a healthier ocean
- Demonstrated ability in cross-sector collaboration
We can offer
- The possibility to lead and shape a ground-breaking initiative
- The possibility to make a difference for the ocean
- A dynamic working environment
- Competitive compensation